Ashley & Vance Engineering, Inc. seeks a highly talented individual to join our San Luis Obispo office to lead our accounting department. We are a growing consulting engineering firm that employs 52 people in seven branch offices throughout the western United States. Our people are creative, energetic, and forward-thinking. We passionately believe that our people are our brand. We are looking for someone who wants to thrive in this environment and contribute by managing our accounting processes and staff.
Our main office is in beautiful San Luis Obispo, California: a small and vibrant community of young professionals, a growing tech sector and the prestigious Cal Poly University. The area offers outdoor adventure and spectacular scenery that pair beautifully with its burgeoning food and wine industry.
Our perfect candidate has experience in accounting and holds a four-year degree in Business Finance, Management, or Accounting. S/he must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of accounting, bookkeeping, and GAAP and have experience in some of the other areas listed below. We are ready and willing to provide additional training to someone with the right mix of professionalism, motivation and intuition.
Managing our Accounting Department
- Oversee payroll and filing payroll taxes in five states
- Responsible for A/R, A/P and collections
- Reconcile bank statements
- Publish accurate periodic financial reports
- Preparation of books for accounting consultant to file annual state and federal income taxes
We are pleased to offer the following benefits to the right person:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedule
- Continuing education and training as required with tuition reimbursement
- 100% medical coverage on select HSA plans
- 401(k) plan match up to 4% of annual salary
- Ideal office location near downtown San Luis Obispo
You will love working with us; send your résumé over today! Send your cover letter and résumé with “Accounting Controller” in the subject line email@example.com and please include salary requirements in your cover letter. We are accepting applications until April 10, 2017. Your desk is waiting for you.