The site was once home to a much larger facility which has partially been demolished to make way for this urban re-development project and will add retail, residential and parking facilities in addition to converting the original factory building to creative-tech office space. It is considered to be one of the last remaining prime sites in the city’s historical industrial area which is now home to major retailers, lofts and apartments, restaurants, night-life attractions, and corporate headquarters for notable companies such as Pixar Animation Studios, Electronic Arts – Maxis, Clif Bar, Peet’s Coffee, and Jamba Juice.
The three-story factory building, originally constructed in the 1920’s (with a major addition in the 1930’s), is actually two separate buildings and will undergo a full seismic upgrade consisting of adding concrete shearwalls and buckling-restrained steel braced frames, supported by micro-pile foundations. In addition, a new three-story atrium lobby, stair and elevator cores and entry features will be added, along with exterior stair towers to increase vertical transportation to the upper levels of the building.
Contact: Matthew Tropp, SE
Ph: (510) 473-2221 x177