Ashley & Vance Engineering, Inc. seeks highly talented individuals to join our team as a Civil Project Engineer. We are a growing consulting engineering firm that employs over 70 people in seven branch offices throughout the western United States. Our people are creative, energetic, and forward-thinking. We passionately believe that our people are our brand, and are looking for someone who can contribute to our culture while learning the technical aspects of the profession from a dynamic group of engineers who value mentoring and relationships as well as strong technical skills.
Our current opening for this position is in our Santa Barbara office location.
Our ideal candidate has 5+ years experience, a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE) degree and has obtained or close to obtaining PE certification. Experience with AutoCAD Civil3D, and hydrology software is preferred. Candidates should also have experience with grading and drainage design, water and sewer improvements, hydrology and hydraulic reports, and stormwater management program (SWMP) / low impact development (LID) requirements in local counties and cities from Los Angeles to Santa Barbara.
Skills & Abilities:
- Effective written, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team involving staff, clients, and outside agencies
- Proficient using word-processing, spreadsheet, and CAD software programs
- Strong problem-solving skills, including identifying project parameters
- Strong organizational skills, including an ability to prioritize activities and work with limited supervision
- Detail minded
- Results oriented and able to complete tasks on deadline with little supervision
- Ability to make good decisions using sound, professional judgment
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- P.E. preferred
- 3 - 7 years' land development project experience
- Experience with state and municipal building codes and public agencies' standards and specifications; ability to quickly gain understanding during the course of a project
- Good interpersonal skills and capability to develop technical writing and communications skills
Experienced civil engineers in our firm oversee preparation of plans, details, and calculations for projects that range in scope from commercial and residential developments to public works. We are proud of our strong mentoring program and ability to expose new engineers to a wide variety of projects and responsibilities. Self starters willing to dive in and master these requirements are also encouraged to apply!
We are pleased to offer the following benefits to the right person:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedule
- Mentorship program with over 33 P.E.'s on staff
- Annual reviews to evaluate mastery of skills and responsibilities
- 100% medical coverage on select plans
- 401(k) plan match up to 4% of annual salary
- Performance bonus
You will love working with us! Please send your cover letter and résumé via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Civil Project Engineer - Santa Barbara in the subject. We are accepting applications until the position is filled.