The Nolan Apartments off-campus student housing and retail facility is a 7-story, 56-unit building, located in Seattle’s U District. Ashley & Vance Engineering provided structural engineering consisting of post tension concrete slabs for the lower floors, understory parking, and 5 stories of wood framing around an interior courtyard. Other features include a green roof deck, 3 commercial units, a gym, study hall, and recreation room at street level. The project was designed by Caron Architecture and built by Compass General Construction.
- Two post-tension concrete decks
- LID green roof incorporated into the structural capacity analysis and design
- Wood structure for top five stories
- Zero-lot-line earthwork shoring with adjacent neighboring buildings
- Steel-framed glass elevator