A modern mixed use student housing project adjacent to the University of California Santa Barbara campus in the community of Isla Vista.
- 45,000 square feet of mixed use structure
- 4,000 square feet of commercial space
- Four stories of condos
- Roof top deck over elevated concrete podium deck
- Car-stacker at grade
- Student housing adjacent to the University of Santa Barbara campus
- 30 residential units
- 40 new parking stalls
- Four- story building
- Low impact stormwater design (LID)
- Large community rooms
- Rain gardens, on-site infiltration proving treatment, with overflow to a bio-swale
- Structural engineering for the building
- Civil engineering for the site
- Incorporated a complex vehicle lift system to accommodate 17 additional parking skills
Prepared entitlement and construction documents for a new three-story 60,569 SF, 60 unit multi-family residential building. Grading and drainage, site utility layout, retaining wall design, and storm water management system consisting of underground chambers connecting to an existing storm drain system was included in our effort.
Low Impact stormwater included complex modeling of various basins within the site, routing runoff to pre-treatment vaults and final overflow to a large flow control structure. The project also incorporated pervious pavers for much of the on-site infiltration.
Architect: HB Architects